For the last four weeks been away from tidewater Virginia visiting friends and places in the Northeast of US some I had not seen for almost 40 years. A great trip–but world did not stop so here is a quick take.
1. The new FEMA is stressed at the moment as we enter the height of hurricane season and heat and drought takes it toll on the USA.
2. It now appears that one of the major players in the current deficit negotiations over borrowing ceiling is disturbed psychologically and the stress of the negotiations may result in his departure from office.
3. Greece will be going bankrupt–meaning defaulting on its debts–and the Drachma will be back by the end of the year.
4. Norwegian tragedy will reveal that mental illness and care of disturbed individuals is a priority for Homeland Security.
5. Neither party looks likely to have an attractive candidate in the 2012 elections and Ron Paul strengthens his following each day and each dollar recieved. 2012 may be a very very interesting election. The USA has been weakened and knocked down due to inept politicians for four decades but perhaps it will stand tall again in the next decade, perhaps not.
6. The departure of Gates as SECDEF and replacement by Panetta will be one of the most significant “changes” made during the Obama Administration no matter whether there is a second term. 3 more departures from the cabinet by Labor Day.
7. GM will fail again before the 2012 election.
8. Japan will be knocked out of first tier countries by inept handling of Fukishima.
9. The dominance of Germany and German speaking peoples in Western Eurasia will be crystal clear by end of year.
10. The Arab Spring is over and will not restart. Islam is condemned to autocractic governmental forms.
11. China will be experiencing its first major challenge to Communist rule before the 2012 election.
12. Tim Kaine will win the US Senate seat over George Allen and Jim Webb may be on the Republican ticket for VP!
Enough is enough?